- Navigate to the login screen of your Issuetrak site.
- On the login screen, there will be a section to type in your User ID and Password.
- Type your User ID and click on the Forgot / Reset your password? link.
A message will appear at the top of the screen stating:
An email with instructions for resetting your password will be sent if A) there is an active user account that matches the provided User ID and B) there is an email address stored with the associated account.
- Check the mailbox associated with the account and look for a message with the following Subject:
You have requested to reset your password for <Organization name>.
- Click on the link provided in the email to be directed to the password reset screen.
- Enter a password and then retype the password. Pay attention to the fields to the right and make sure all requirements are met prior to clicking on Reset Password.
After completing the password reset, a message will appear stating:
Your password has been updated. Please log in again.
Reasons you may not be able to reset your password
- You do not see the Forgot / Reset your password? link below the Sign In button.
- You do not remember your User ID.
- The password reset email states:
Because your user account is authenticated by Active Directory, we are unable to reset your password. Please contact your Active Directory administrator for assistance.
Reasons you may not have received the password reset email
- The User ID provided is not recognized by your Issuetrak site.
- The message may have been identified as spam, check your spam folder for the message.
- Your user account does not have an email address associated with it.
- "Suppress All Email" setting is checked for your account.
- Your user account does not have permission to change your password.
- There is a site-specific time out for the Password reset email. If the link expires, you can perform another password reset to get a new link.