Issue Auditing allows you to capture most changes made to each issue record. Audit records can be searched from either the issue or the Administration menu, reported on using the Report Writer and archived by date range.
Activating Issue Auditing
Only users with Sys Admin permissions can activate Issue Auditing within your system.
- Go to Administration > System > System Settings > Features
- Scroll down to the Issue Auditing section.
- Select Activate Issue Auditing.
- Click Update.
The message Parameters successfully updated will display and the Issue Audits menu option will appear within the Administration Menu when the update is complete.
Viewing the Issue Change Log
Click on Issue Change Log on the left hand submenu when on the View Issue screen. The Issue History screen will display, showing the Change Type, Old Value, New Value, Modified By and Modified Date.
- Go to Administration > Issue Audits > Search Audits.
- Input your search criteria. This could be issue number, the person that made the change, or when the change was made.
- (Optional) Define the Sort Order for the results.
- Click Search.
Archived audits are removed from the database and saved to a comma-separated-value (CSV) file on the web server hosting Issuetrak.
- Go to Administration > Issue Audits > Archive Audits.
- Select an Archive Range from the dropdown or input your own start and end date.
- Click Archive.
The message "XXX Audit records were successfully archived to the file IssueAuditArchiveyyyymmdd_hhmmss.csv" will display when the update is complete. The archive file will be automatically generated with the current date and time values.
Reporting on Audits
The Issuetrak Report Writer includes a data set that allows for reporting of unarchived audit values. When building a query, select from the Issues Change Log data set.