Only users with Sys Admin permissions can activate Rich Text within your system. Once activated, any user can embed an image in any issue they can see. Embedding images into Knowledge Base articles requires the Can add, edit and delete Knowledge Base articles permission.
- Click the gear icon in the upper right > click Defaults beneath System and scroll down to the Note Default section.
- Select Use rich text editing.
- Select your default font family and default font size.
- Click Update.
A confirmation message will appear when this process is complete.
Rich Text options will also now appear for:
- the Description and Note fields on Submit / Edit Issue, Add / Edit Issue Template, Add / Edit Scheduled Issue screens;
- the Add Note field on Add / Edit Workflow screens;
- the Article field on Add and Edit Knowledge Base Article screens.
Please see this article for limitations on the Rich Text Editor.