Issuetrak provides two quick ways to search issues in your site: The expedient Quick Search at the top right corner of the screen, and the more detail-oriented Search Issues page that can be accessed from the left menu.
The Quick Search is the field in the upper right area of every page in the product. It allows you to lookup an issue by its issue number or by subject.
- If an issue number is entered, then pressing enter will navigate you directly to the issue, if it exists.
If the issue number doesn't exist, then you will be redirected to your Issuetrak home page with the message 'Could not find issue!' at the top.
- If a Subject is entered, then pressing enter will take you directly to a Search Results screen, regardless of whether there are matches to the search results.
A specific search consisting of multiple words can be enclosed with double quotes to get an exact match.
- A percent sign can be used between words to provide wildcarded search results in the event that certain terms between the words are unknown.
To search for an Issue or to save the search criteria you use frequently:
- Select Search Issues from the left menu. This will open the Search Issues screen.
- Enter/Select criteria to search on from the options that appear.
- To search on multiple words or character groupings in a text-based field, use a space or semi-colon (;) between the terms. Any Issues containing one or more of these terms will be returned.
If it is desired to search for exact matches (including spaces, commas, and semi-colons), enter double-quotes (") around your list.
- To exclude Issues containing a specific term, enter a minus or dash (-) in front of the term.
- To include issue User Defined Fields (UDF) within your search, click the + add user defined field to search criteria link, select the appropriate UDF value from the dropdown, then click add to search.
- If you add a text UDF, you'll notice that there is an Exact Match toggle next to it. By default this is off. Toggle it to search for only text that exactly matches what you're searching for.
- If you're an administrator and would like to include specific UDFs on this Search Issues screen by default for all users, see Defining User Defined Fields for Issues.
- Select the format for your search results as the Output. All outputs will display on screen when the search is executed except:
- Brief Output to Excel
- Detail Output to Excel
- Brief Output to CSV
- Detail Output to CSV
- You may execute this search immediately by clicking on Search. If you selected any of the Excel or CSV outputs, you will receive a prompt to open or save the resulting file. If you did not select Excel or CSV outputs, then the search results screen will allow you to export your results, if desired.
- Alternatively, you can turn this into a Saved Search.
From the search results, you may click on an Issue Subject to open the View Issue screen and access any options available to you within the Issue.