Solutions are text templates you create for closing issues. They allow you to pre-define appropriate answers, steps or statements that address common questions, issues and requests.
While your Agents may still change or add information once they select a Solution, its base template helps ensure the same kind of issue—no matter which Agent works it—will generally receive the same or similar resolution.
- Go to Administration > System > System Settings > Optional Fields.
- Select Issue Solutions.
- Click Update.
The message Parameters successfully updated will display and the Solutions menu option will appear in the Administration Menu when the update is complete.
- Go to Administration > Solutions > Add.
- Enter an ID that helps permitted users determine when to select this Solution on an issue. (This ID is for selection purposes only and will not be displayed once the issue is closed.)
- Enter the text to be posted on an issue when users select this Solution.
- (Optional) Define the Display Order (e.g. 3 = third place) for this Solution within related lists and drop-downs.
- Click Save.
The message Solution was successfully added will display when the save is complete.
1. Go to Administration > Solutions.
2. Click edit next to the Solution you are modifying.
3. Make your changes on the Edit Solution screen.
4. Click Update.
The message Record updated successfully will display when the update is complete.
- Go to Administration > Solutions.
- Click del next to the Solution you are deleting.
- Click OK when prompted to confirm.
The message Deleted successfully will display when the deletion is complete.