Once your configuration mapping is complete, you’re ready to import your users into Issuetrak. You can do an initial import, and then schedule imports to occur automatically. This task can only be performed by an Issuetrak user with the “Can access and maintain Administration functions” permission or the “Sys Admin” parameter.
Performing Initial Imports
- Navigate to Administration > Active Directory > Import Users.
- Select the Domain from the dropdown for which this particular import should be performed from the list. Only the domains which have been defined in the Issuetrak interface will appear.
- Click the radio button to select either AD Group or AD OU. Click the button related to your selection. Only AD Groups or OUs with verified Organization and Permissions mappings and valid users will appear.
- Select the appropriate value in the window that appears.
- Click the Preview Import button.
- Verify the import is being returned properly in the Preview import window that appears.
- Close the Preview Import window.
- Click the Process Import button to process this import. (If you only want to process this initial import and not define a schedule, this is the last step you need to complete within this task.) A Preview import window will appear with a summary of the import.
Repeat for each group/OU on each domain that needs to be imported. You can also use these parameters to create a scheduled import record.
Defining Scheduled Imports
- Define the appropriate interval and time in the Define Schedule section of this screen. We strongly recommend scheduled imports are performed daily outside of business/peak productivity hours.
- Verify Active is selected, or the import will be scheduled but not run.
- Click Save and Schedule button to save and schedule this import.
A confirmation message will appear when this process is complete. The AD Scheduled Imports page will be updated with a list of all scheduled imports.
You may return to the AD Scheduled Imports screen at any time by navigating to Administration > Active Directory > Scheduled Imports. From this screen, scheduled imports may be edited and deleted. However, we recommend using the edit and deselecting the Active parameter rather than using delete.