This migration scenario is for Issuetrak 11.0 and above only. It assumes that you're migrating an Issuetrak database from one SQL server to another. This is normally done when an old SQL server is about to be decommissioned and its databases are being migrated to a newer platform. Additionally, if you are attempting to migrate a version of Issuetrak older than 11.0, please reach out to Issuetrak Support for assistance.
- Confirm that the site is working properly in its current environment (IEM, OEM, AD integration and SSO, as applicable).
- Be sure that the new SQL server meets all of the system requirements.
- Download the latest version of Issuetrak from here to your current Web server.
- From the Web server, use the IDM to generate a JSON of the existing Issuetrak instance. This will provide a snapshot of the instance's current deployment configuration.
- Stop the website in IIS.
- Perform a backup of your Issuetrak database.
- Take the database offline to prevent any site operations (Task, Services, Issue submissions, and editing).
- Restart the website in IIS.
- Restore the backup of your database to the new SQL server.
All of the subsequent steps will be performed from the Web server.
- Open the JSON in a text editor. Notepad++ is recommended for this, as Windows Notepad tends to malform the displayed file contents.
- Update the Database section of the JSON to reflect the values that apply to the new SQL server.
- Use the IDM to deploy the JSON that you just saved. Don't make changes to any of the selected deployment contexts, as it is necessary to re-deploy all contexts.
- Confirm that the site comes up as normal.
- Confirm that you can sign into the site.
- Confirm that the features of your site are working properly (IEM, OEM, AD integration and SSO, as applicable).
Issuetrak Support will be happy to troubleshoot or assist you. You can contact Support at 888-789-8725 (US & Canada), +1 757-213-1351 (International), email@example.com or https://support.issuetrak.com/.