Asset Management is a convenient way to store and manage asset items. With minimal setup and configuration, this valuable tool gives you the power to track and maintain asset items quickly and easily. Asset Management may be used to store information about many types of asset items. The ability to report and search for items in order to uncover trends, as well as the ability to track expenses, are at your fingertips. Asset items may be linked to specific issues, facilitating identification of equipment that may be generating unusually high or low numbers of issues. Asset Management also offers you the flexibility to use automated auditing, manual inventory maintenance, or the choice to use a combination of both methods.
Asset Management was created as a straightforward way to record and maintain asset information for your company. This module allows a wide variety of information to be stored about each item. Items may be cloned to speed data entry. Asset items may be linked to a user or associated with non-users. Extensive search capability is provided to easily locate items and detect trends. Reports are built-in for immediate feedback and include drill-down functionality allowing you to move from summary information to detailed information with a simple click of your mouse.
TrakPC runs via a network login script and returns the configuration and software information for each PC. You may also optionally choose to run TrakPC locally on each machine. If no asset item record exists, a new record will automatically be created. If a matching asset item record already exists, the existing item will be updated with the information discovered by the current audit. There is also the option to review audit information prior to applying it or have it update automatically.
This section will guide you through the basic setup required to begin using Asset Management. Log in as a System Administrator. You’ll need administrative rights to configure Asset Management.
- Assign Asset if matching user found: If selected, the system will automatically associate an asset to a particular user if the Issuetrak User ID is the same as the ‘Login Name” returned in an audit.
- Default Type: Default Asset Types can be specified when manually adding new Assets as well as when assets are imported via TrakPC.
- Update Asset Name with Computer Name: Asset will be updated with Computer Name returned by audit.
- “Can view and select from Assets when submitting and maintaining issues” — Allows users read-only access to all asset item information.
- “Can access and maintain Asset Management Module functions” — Allows users to administrate asset item information. These users will have permission to view, create, maintain and delete Asset Management information.