The Features page allows you to activate additional features in your site. Many of the items on this page will create a left hand menu option under either the Administration or Home menu. Only features included in your current license key can be activated. However, you may evaluate or add other Features at any time by requesting a new key from our Technical Support Team at 757-213-1351, firstname.lastname@example.org or https://support.issuetrak.com.
You may get to the Features page by navigating to Administration > System > System Settings > Features. Features labeled with an adjacent asterisk (*) denote those options which can only be enabled with a license key that was specifically generated for those features. Such features will be grayed out if your instance of Issuetrak doesn't have a license key applied that supports them.
Active Directory *
Activate by selecting Integrate/Authenticate users with Active Directory.
- Select Allow single sign on functionality to allow AD authenticated users to bypass the Issuetrak login screen,
- If desired, select Update existing AD user records on login. If scheduled imports sync user records regularly, updating on login may not be necessary.
Asset Management *
Activate by selecting Activate Asset Management.
- To allow on-demand audits, select Use ScanPC – On Demand Audits
To enable attachment capabilities, select Use Attachments.
Once enabled, attachments of any size or format may be added to user, organization and Issue records, as well as Knowledge Base articles and Projects.
- If the Asset Management Module is activated, this also includes asset records.
- If the Surveys Module is activated, this also includes surveys.
- If space on the Web server hosting Issuetrak is a concern, define a size limit for individual attachments in the Max Size field.
Auditing - (Admin)
Activate by selecting Activate Admin Auditing. You are required to enter your password in a pop-up window every time you toggle this feature.
Auditing - (Issue)
Activate by selecting Activate Issue Auditing.
Activate by selecting Activate Billing Module.
To enable Issue/task event scheduling and out-of-office re-routing for assignments and notifications, select Activate Calendar/Scheduling. Once enabled, users with permission to the Calendar option may view scheduled activities from Home > Calendar. Agents with Can be Assigned Issues may maintain scheduled activities from Home > Calendar.
Activate Chat by selecting Use Chat.
- The Chat Widget ID from the Chat Administrative Console will need to be provided. To obtain widget ID, you can contact support or obtain it directly from the admin portal.
- To obtain the widget ID from the admin portal, go to Settings > Get the Code > Advanced.
- For further support on Chat, please contact our Support Team at 757-213-1351, email@example.com or https://support.issuetrak.com
Select one of the Default screen options for your Custom Screens. Once you create your own screens in Administration > Custom Screens, you can return to this screen and update your default.
Classic Issuetrak does not include section headers, while Issuetrak Screen includes section headers.
To enable a Pre-Submit screen that provides the end-user with limited options, select Use Pre-Submit Screen.
Here's an example of how the Quick Picks pre-submit screen will appear to an end-user with the permission "Can view and select from Quick Picks when submitting Issues":
Note that the following "Pre-Submit" screen will appear to an end-user without the permission "Can view and select from Quick Picks when submitting Issues":
Here's an example of how the Issue Type Pre-Submit screen will appear to an end-user with limited permissions:
And lastly, here's an example of how the Pre-Submit screen will appear to an end-user with limited permissions if both Quick Picks and Issue Type are selected:
To enable department-based capabilities and reporting, select Use Departments. Once enabled, Departments may be maintained from Administration > Departments.
- Select one of the following options to determine how Departments will affect visibility controls in the site:
- Restrict Issue visibility to the submitting user department
- Restrict Issue visibility to the assigned user/group department
To enable the use of an additional value called Responsible Department, select Use Responsible department.
To enable Global Issue capabilities, select Use Global Issue.
- Select all values that should be applied when an Issue is linked to a Global Issue in the When Linked column.
- Select all values that should be applied to linked Issues when a change to a Global Issue is made in the On Change column.
To enable Google Analytics integration, select Use Google Analytics. The Analytics Tracking ID will need to be supplied, which can be obtained from the Google Analytics account pages.
- Sign in to your Analytics account.
- Select the Admin tab.
- Select an account from the drop-down menu in the ACCOUNT column.
- Select a property from the drop-down menu in the PROPERTY column.
- Under PROPERTY, click Tracking Info > Tracking Code.
- Per Google Analytics support, “…it may take up to 24 hours for data such as traffic referral information, user characteristics, and browsing information to appear in your reports.
- To confirm data for your site is being collected, you can use the Real-Time reports from Google Analytics. To do this:
- Sign in to your Analytics account.
- Navigate to a view in the property to which you added the tracking code. If you only recently added the tracking code to this property (website), it is likely that there will only be one view.
- Select the Reporting tab.
- Select Real-Time > Overview.
Incoming Email Processing
To enable incoming email (IEM) processing, select Process Incoming Email. Once enabled, IEM can be configured from Administration > Incoming Email. You will be able to set up multiple mailboxes, create tokens to perform actions on an Issue when the email processes, and block specific attachments from being processed.
To enable Issue auditing capabilities, select Activate Issue Auditing. Once enabled, a record of most changes made to each Issue within the system will be logged.
- Audits may be searched and viewed from Administration > Issue Audits.
- Audits may be archived by date range from Administration > Issue Audits > Archive Audits.
- Archived audits are removed from the database and saved to a comma-separated-value (CSV) file on the web server hosting Issuetrak.
To enable Issue Class capabilities, select Activate Issue Classes. Once enabled, Issues may be categorized into Issue class categories (e.g. Problem, Suggestion, Request) for broader reporting and analysis than simply Issue type.
- Select the default class for Issues in the Default Class field.
- Classes may be maintained from Administration > Classes.
- Each new Issue will have the default class unless changed by a user with the permission Can edit Issues.
- Query-based mass updates to the class field for a group of Issues may be performed at any time from Administration > Mass Update.
To allow issues to be de-escalated, select Activate Issue De-escalation.
To require a logged-in user to re-enter their password when initiating any change to an Issue, select Activate Issue Lockdown. Once enabled, no change will be allowed without a correct password. If not provided within three attempts, the system will log out the current user and return to the Login screen.
Issue Menu Options
To activate the ability to create an identical copy of an Issue, select Activate Clone/Copy Menu Option.
- If you want to restrict this capability to Agents, select for Agents only.
- When viewing an Issue, those able to use the Clone/Copy functionality will see a Clone/Copy link in the left-hand Issue submenu.
To enable knowledge base capabilities, select Use KB. Once enabled, KB articles may be maintained from Home > Knowledge Base (or the custom label that you've set below).
- To use a custom menu label for the knowledge base menu option (e.g. FAQs, Lessons Learned), enter the label in the Menu Label field.
- To enable site visitors to access the KB without logging in, select Allow anonymous search without requiring login.
- If Allow anonymous… was selected, anyone navigating to your site may use the Search Knowledge Base (or custom label) link on the Login screen to search and view public (not Private and not organization-specific) articles.
Locations and Regions
To enable location-based capabilities and reporting, select Use Locations. Once enabled, locations and regions may be maintained from Administration > Locations (or custom label).
- To use a custom menu label for the Locations menu option (e.g. Offices, Sites, Buildings), enter it in the Menu Label field.
- To customize all site references to Location ID (e.g. Office #, Site ID, Building #) and/or Location (e.g. Office, Site, Building), enter the values in the fields provided.
- To use custom labels for the (3) additional text fields included in location records, enter these labels in the Optional Label… fields.
To group locations into larger entities for reporting purposes, select Use Regions.
- To customize all site references to Region ID (e.g. Area #, District ID) and/or Region (e.g. Area, District), enter the values in the fields provided.
To enable project-based capabilities and reporting, select Use Projects.
- To group projects into larger entities for reporting purposes, select Use Categories.
- If you want Actual Hours on Projects calculated automatically based on Labor Hours added to Project-related Issues, select Issue Labor Hours roll up to Project Actual Hours.
- To customize all site references to Project (e.g. Implementation) and/or Category (e.g. Initiative, Strategy), enter a singular and plural value in the fields provided.
To enable new users to register a user record within the system directly from the Login screen, select Activate Self Registration.
Once activated, the “Register Now” link will appear on the Login screen. From this link, new users are prompted to provide user information (e.g. user ID, first name, last name, email, address, phone). The system uses this information to create a user record and emails the user a system-generated password. To apply permissions from an existing user template for self-registered users, click the template search ( ) next to the Create From field. Click the appropriate template in the Select User Record window that appears.
Service Level Agreements
To enable service level agreement capabilities, select Use SLAs.
Select either SLA Based on Issue Submitter or SLA Based on Issue Assigned To to define which value will determine SLAs.
Submit Screen Options
To activate a Submit and Copy button in addition to the Submit button on the Submit An Issue screen, select Activate Submit and Copy button. To display this option to Agents only, select for Agents only.
To activate a Submit and Close button in addition to the Submit button on the Submit An Issue screen, select Activate Submit and Close button. To display this option to Agents only, select for Agents only.
Web Surveys *
To activate Surveys, select Activate Web Surveys Module.