The following steps can be used to help provide more feedback when encountering API problems such as "Authorization Failure" on API procedures or within the Swagger UI. Your site must be on a minimum version of Issuetrak 11.4.1 in order for these steps to be effective.
- On your site's Web server navigate to your site's web folder, then navigate to its \API\App_Data folder.
- Right-click the Logs folder, choose Properties, then click the Security tab.
- Verify that the IIS_IUSRS account (or the account that Issuetrak's API App Pool is running as) has Modify permission to this folder. Add this permission to the account if it is not present.
- Edit the NLog.Release.config file.
- Do a CTRL-F and search for the string: enabled="false"
- Change the string so that it reads: enabled="true"
- Save and close the file.
- Open IIS and then restart the Issuetrak API Pool.
- Attempt an API operation, then check the API\App_Data\Logs folder for a newly-generated log file.