release date: 8.17.2021
We are announcing the release of Issuetrak 14.3 today. This release comes with some quality of life improvements, most of which were requested by customers like you!
Here's what you can look forward to:
- Issue buttons that lock to the top of the screen as you scroll
- A new My Notifications section found in the user profile area at the top right of the screen
- Dashboard links now open in a new browser tab
- Miscellaneous bug fixes
Persistent Issue Buttons
The page title, issue number, and buttons at the top of the following screens will now stay in place when you scroll:
- Submit Issue
- Clone Issue
- View Issue
- Edit Issue/Edit Note
- Close issue
Users can now see notifications sent to them in the past 7 days by clicking on their profile in the upper right corner and then My Notifications.
Links on the Dashboard will now open a new browser tab.
We've added an "Asset Type" column to the Asset Management Module's Asset Availability screen.
Issues containing attachments will now display who uploaded each attachment.
When Email to Initiator is active, the Issue Default Email Notification List screen will display the following message beneath the table: "Email to Initiator is active - any action taken on an issue will result in an email notification being sent to the action's initiator."
Export to Excel
- We've updated the Billing Module's Products/Services List screen so that an Active column is included when the displayed information is exported to Excel.
- We've updated the Organizations List screen so that the IEM Email Domain is included when the displayed information is exported to Excel.
- We've removed the product's dependency on fonts hosted by Google. This can speed up page loading and rendering times for Issuetrak in some environments.
Outgoing EmailWe've added reply separation text to the "Email Issue" functionality to prevent private notes from appearing in users' replies to these emails under certain circumstances.
- The filename for exported Report Writer reports and queries will now be labeled according to the name of the originating report or query, rather than 'report.xlsx'.
- Scheduled Reports will trigger a more useful error notification if a problem is encountered with generating or sending a report.
- We've added the following new fields to the Issues/Users dataset in Report Writer:
- Assigned To Inactive
- Closed By Inactive
- Entered By Inactive
- Last Activity By Inactive
- Next Action Inactive
- Reopened By Inactive
- Submitted By Inactive
- The First Call Resolution field is now available on the Edit Issue screen, rather than only on the Close Issue screen.
- We've added search buttons to the top of the Search Users screen, as it previously only had buttons at the bottom.
- We've added the time to the "Opened" and "Last Activity" columns in Issue Hub, as it previously only displayed the date.
- We've added the build number to the end of the Issuetrak version that is displayed on the About screen.
We've made certain dropdown buttons more friendly for screen reading software.
- Users with a single organization membership and permission to view and select assets were unable to select assets on an issue submit screen.
- Using the Submit and Close button in conjunction with "Include Attachments" would result in the user seeing a 500 error.
- If the user clicked the paper clip icon and then tried to drag and drop an attachment to the "Drop files here to upload an attachment" area, the browser would try to open the file instead of attaching it.
Users in an internal-only department were able to see issues from other departments.
It was not possible to save an Issue Hub view that was filtered by Responsible Department.
When a saved search included a list user-defined field as a filter, subsequent runs of the saved search would not be filtered by that UDF.
Issues that include the Location field would not populate the Location for callers that had a Location associated with their accounts.
- When a saved search included a list user-defined field as a filter, subsequent runs of the saved search would not be filtered by that UDF.
- Sites with a great quantity (many tens of thousands) of users and dozens of non-internal organizations would experience long load times and sometimes 500 errors when trying to view issues.
Users would experience a 500 error when attempting to find eligible users to assign an issue's Next Action.
- Administrators (and User Administrators) would experience a 500 error when attempting to display the organization memberships of a user with a very high number (thousands) of memberships.
- New issues would not populate the organization when the New Caller Default Template was set.
The "Email Article" functionality of the Knowledge Base was truncating article content without providing notification that it was doing so.
- It was possible for users without permission to see project information to see that information if they did a detailed export via an issue search. (find out if there is an additional caveat to this)
- Reminders were not working for Target Date fields on projects.
The Quick Pick List All screen would display certain special characters incorrectly.
- When a Report Writer query was filtered by a user-defined field (UDF) list, subsequent runs of the query would not be filtered by that UDF.
Queries utilizing the Issues/Users dataset and any of the following fields would return a 500 error:
- Next Action Organization
- Reopened By Organization
- Submitted By Organization
- CSRF tokens, when enabled, were not being added to issue notifications when HTML was turned off for outgoing email.
- CSRF tokens, when enabled, were not being included in Scheduled Reports when they were sent out in HTML format.
Special Function Table
The Special Function Table fields would accept invalid characters, resulting in errors when subsequently trying to view the contents of those fields.
- If you are an on-premises customer, you can learn more about the upgrade process .
- Before installing this update, please verify that your installation environment meets the latest .
- You can get the latest version of Issuetrak here.
- If you utilize the Issuetrak RESTful API, it will be automatically updated when you upgrade Issuetrak.
If you are a cloud customer, you can receive this update as needed to address reported issues and to assist with troubleshooting. Otherwise, the upgrade will be applied for you automatically to ensure the best possible Issuetrak experience.
You may request the update for your site by:
- Calling our Support Team:
- 888-789-8725 (US & Canada)
- +1 757-213-1351 (International)
- Sending our Support team an email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Submitting an issue: https://support.issuetrak.com/.