release date: 3.24.2020
We are proud to release Issuetrak 11.12. This release continues the progress of UI improvements implemented in past releases. We've also updated Issuetrak to work with the latest Microsoft patches for Lightweight Directory Access Protocol (LDAP), added a new field to the Active Directory settings page, and included various bug fixes.
If you want to see these changes in a live Issuetrak environment, please visit preview.issuetrak.com and sign in with the credentials provided.
User Interface Enhancements
The look-and-feel of a large portion of Issuetrak's Administration menus have been standardized and vastly improved. This provides a better overall experience for administrators when it is necessary to change important settings in the product, or for new customers setting up Issuetrak for the first time.
The following Administration areas have been updated:
- Issue Audits
- Issue Types
- Mass Updates
- Quick Pick
- Recurring Issues
- Service Level Agreements (SLAs)
- Special Function Table
- All of the page content has been left-aligned where it was previously centered or just off-center
- Section headers have been added in some areas where they previously didn't exist
- Page headers and section headers are sized differently
- Section headers are now accompanied by a horizontal rule to help administrators to better differentiate between settings
- Each option label has been made bold for better emphasis
- Where applicable, each option's summary text has been 'bundled' with section headers before the accompanying horizontal rule
Additionally, care has been taken to ensure that these changes render correctly in all of the supported browsers:
- Google Chrome
- Mozilla Firefox
- Microsoft Edge
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 11
- We've updated some of the underlying dependency libraries to keep the product secure.
- We've patched the product for a March 2020 Microsoft Windows patch that will affect the way LDAP works.
- We've added a User ID field to the Active Directory settings page to work in conjunction with the LDAP changes. You may need to update this field after upgrading.
- We've made it possible to inactivate Auto Assignment rules. Any Auto Assignments that were previously hidden will now appear in the main list of Auto Assignments. We recommend that you review Auto Assignments for corrections after upgrading.
Additionally, an Auto Assignment rule will become inactive if one of the following events occur:
- The user or group assignee loses the permission Can be assigned issues.
- The user or group assignee is inactivated.
- "Task Available" notifications were being sent to users when the task in question wasn't available yet.
- SMS notifications weren't being triggered at all in situations where they should have been.
- When certain special characters were present in an IEM mailbox's "Return Address" field, the page would be rendered incorrectly and the settings would not be viewable, forcing a need to re-enter the settings.
- IEM was failing to process messages when it encountered "Exclude Text" matches that spanned multiple HTML nodes.
- Queries and reports that had been shared with "Everyone" were displaying values other than Everyone in their "Shared With" fields.
- Only the first page was being printed when users attempted to print a report.
- Sites with a lot of embedded images would time out when attempting to display the Embedded Images page.
- The "Default Home Page" setting for user accounts was not using the custom label (if set) for the Knowledge Base feature.
- If you are an on-premises customer, you can learn more about the upgrade process .
- Before installing this update, please verify that your installation environment meets the latest .
- You can get the latest version of Issuetrak here.
- If you utilize the Issuetrak RESTful API, it will be automatically updated when you upgrade Issuetrak.
If you are a cloud customer, you can receive this update as needed to address reported issues and to assist with troubleshooting. Otherwise, the upgrade will be applied for you automatically to ensure the best possible Issuetrak experience.
You may request the update for your site by: