Any individual that needs to interact directly or indirectly with your Issuetrak system is a User. Users that can login to your Issuetrak site may interact directly. Users that cannot login may interact indirectly through other users and/or email. Every user must be given an Agent or end user designation from a dropdown. Any user granted an Agent designation can then be granted any of the Agent specific permissions.
Your users can be manually added from:
- Administration > Users > Add
- Administration > Users > Clone
- Submit Issue screen
- Login screen using the Self-Registration feature
They can also be automatically added through authentication and imports from Active Directory (AD) using the AD Module as well as incoming email messages using Incoming Email (IEM).
Users are added by creating User Records that may include:
- Basic details – user or Agent designation, user ID, password, name, email, phone, address and time zone
- Additional details – other information stored in User Defined Fields
- Attachments – documents of any electronic file format
- Permissions – what the user can see or do using Issuetrak
- Memberships – any larger entities the user belongs to
All user records include a submission history link to a list of all issues submitted by and on behalf of the user. If Record all login attempts is activated in System Defaults, they also include a history link to all login attempts by the user. If using the Asset Management (AM) Module, they also include an asset list link to a list of all assets related to the user.