release date: 5.03.2022
We are very excited to announce the release of Issuetrak 15.0 today. This release is focused on the work we've accomplished so far with integrating Issuetrak with Zapier.
Issuetrak's ability to work with Zapier was enabled by the introduction of API v2, which we introduced in 14.9. Although we haven't mentioned Zapier prior to this release, we have already been very pleased with the results we've seen from our own usage. You can expect to see more releases relating to API v2 and Zapier as we add more API v2 endpoints and futher increase the versatility of Issuetrak.
"But wait, you keep mentioning Zapier. What is it? "
Keep reading to find out!
What's Zapier and Why is it Our Focus?
Zapier is a company that is known for its eponymously named web application that makes it easy to get web applications to talk to each other.
Zapier users create integrations called zaps between Zapier's procured list of web applications. Where applicable, users must link the account associated with their chosen web application before Zapier can read or write data associated with that application.
In their simplest form, zaps consist of a trigger and an action. When enabled, each zap will check the trigger side for work to be done. While some triggers are event-based and process nearly instantaneously, other triggers are schedule-based and will process every one to fifteen minutes, depending on the support tier your Zapier account is in.
Generally speaking, the list of actions and triggers are interchangeable for many apps. For example, let's say that we have a zap that is triggered by a new user being created, and the action adds a row to a spreadsheet. We could create a zap that does the opposite: When triggered by the addition of a row to a spreadsheet, the zap will create a new user.
Zap triggers can take many forms, but can include:
- The creation of a new organization or user in Issuetrak
- Receiving an email containing a specific word or phrase in the subject line or body
- Adding a new group membership to a user account
- Any of an ever-expanding list of triggers associated with new applications being added to Zapier all the time
Once a zap is triggered, its action counterpart will begin to execute. Actions can take the form of:
- Adding a row to a spreadsheet
- Sending a text message to a verified phone number determined by you
- Creating a new user in Issuetrak
- Any of an ever-expanding list of actions associated with new applications being added to Zapier all the time
Zapier Integration Page
We've added a page dedicated to Zapier to the product. It is accessible by opening the Settings lightbox and clicking Zapier beneath the Integrations heading.
The Zapier page contains:
- An introduction to Zapier
- An intuitive way to see what web apps can be integrated into Issuetrak
- A direct link to Zapier's site with an expansive reference for integrations between Issuetrak and thousands of other applications
- Feel free to explore the available applications on Zapier, as you are not limited to what is displayed on Issuetrak's Zapier page. You are free to be inventive here!
Integrating Issuetrak with Web Apps
We've put together some steps to make it even easier for you to get Issuetrak to talk with other web apps. And as you might guess, this process involves using Zapier!
- Learn how to create a basic integration between Issuetrak and the web app of your choice
- Choose from several examples, each with detailed instructions about what information you need and what steps are necessary to create each zap
- If you are an on-premises customer, you can learn more about the upgrade process .
- Before installing this update, please verify that your installation environment meets the latest .
- You can get the latest version of Issuetrak here.
- If you utilize the Issuetrak RESTful API, it will be automatically updated when you upgrade Issuetrak.
If you are a cloud customer, you can receive this update as needed to address reported issues and to assist with troubleshooting. Otherwise, the upgrade will be applied for you automatically to ensure the best possible Issuetrak experience.
You may request the update for your site by: