Issuetrak is capable of processing incoming and outgoing email via Office 365's modern authentication method. It is necessary to perform several steps in your Azure Admin portal to enable this functionality and gather the required information. This article will show you how to perform those steps, as well as where to enter the resulting information in Issuetrak.
Microsoft Azure Steps
In order to add an Office 365 mailbox, you or your Azure administrator must create a new app registration in Azure:
Creating a New App Registration in Azure
- Access the Microsoft Azure admin portal.
- At the top, search for and select "App Registrations".
- Select New Registration.
- Provide a name for the App that will show in Azure, and select Register.
- Take note of the Application ID (will be needed in Issuetrak as Client ID) and Directory ID (will be needed in Issuetrak as Tenant ID).
- Move to "Certificates & Secrets" and create a new client secret.
- Take note of the secret Value that appears, as once you leave this page you will not be able to see the value again.
- Move to "API permissions" on the left and select Add permissions.
- Select "Microsoft Graph", then Application Permission at the top of the pane on the right.
- Expand "Mail" and select Mail.ReadWrite and Mail.Send.
- Expand "User" and select User.Read.All.
- Select Add Permissions.
- Above the list of permissions, click on "Grant admin consent for..." to activate the permissions. If your account lacks permission to do this, an administrator will have to approve the permissions granted.
The steps above explain how to implement an app registration with the right permissions for Issuetrak to utilize your Office 365 mailbox. You may wish to constrain the permissions to just a particular mailbox that you want Issuetrak to have access to. If that is the case, please look here for additional information on doing that.
Adding Office 365 Credentials to Issuetrak
We must now configure Issuetrak so that it knows how to communicate with your Gmail account. This section assumes that you have the information we obtained in the steps above.
- Sign into Issuetrak with a Sys Admin account.
- Navigate to the settings lightbox via the gear icon in the upper right, then click on Office 365 Applications under "Integrations".
- Click on Add New, then enter a Name that you'd like to associate with the Microsoft Office account, select the Azure Cloud Type from the drop down, as well as the required Client ID, Tenant ID, and Client Secret gathered in the prevous section.
- Click Save.
Once this is complete, you can move onto configuring IEM and/or Outgoing Email.
Configuring Incoming Email to Use Office 365
Please see our article on configuring IEM mailboxes for the relevant steps.
Configuring Outgoing Email to use Office 365
Please see our article on configuring outgoing email for the relevant steps.