TrakPC and ScanPC use an HTTP POST to transmit audit information to Issuetrak. This requires an HTTP binding to be present for the site that is being used to receive the audit records. A workaround must be used to POST this information if the Issuetrak site meets any of the below criteria:
- The site uses a URL rewrite to proactively change all HTTP requests to HTTPS
- The site only has an HTTPS binding
- The site uses AD SSL
- The Application URL uses HTTPS
- On the Web server, create a new folder named TrakPC_Audit. This folder will be used to host a website, so make sure this is in a good location for web files.
- Copy the following files/folders from your Issuetrak web folder to the TrakPC_Audit folder:
- The Connect folder
- The Scripts folder
- The TrakPC folder
- The following files:
The file structure of the TrakPC_Audit folder should now look like this:
TrakPC_Audit\ | ADO_Inc.vbs DB_Inc.asp Inv_TrakPC_URLSubmit.asp Setup_Inc.asp TrakEncoding_Inc.asp Trak_Inc.asp Connect\ _ |ApplyDPAPIEncryption.asp |Connect_inc.asp |Connection-Strings.asp |Decrypt-String.ps1 |Encrypt-String.ps1 Scripts\ _ |Serverside\ _ |AspCoreWebServicesInteractor.asp |AspDatabaseInteractor.asp |AspDPAPIEncryptionInteractor.asp |AspJsonParsing.asp |Session_inc.asp | |Session\ _ |DBCache.asp |SessionContents.asp |SessionReplacement.asp
- Create a web site in IIS called TrakPC.
- Set its physical path to the TrakPC_Audit folder that was created in step 1.
- Set the binding for this new site in such a way that it will not interfere with extant sites. The binding should be HTTP-only, as HTTPS will not work with TrakPC.
- Open the ASP settings for the TrakPC site and set “Allow Parent Paths” to True. Click Apply Settings on the righthand side.
- Sign into Issuetrak, then navigate to the Gear icon, followed by Features along the lefthand side.
- Set the Bypass URL to match the URL for the new website. Click Apply.
- Attempt to use ScanPC or TrakPC. If the POST succeeded, check the Asset Management area of Issuetrak to determine if the audit is displayed and needs to be applied.
- Issuetrak 10.3.12+
- Sites utilizing Asset Management
- Sites utilizing ScanPC/TrakPC