Assets can be associated with users and/or issues.
Associate Users with Asset Items
When adding an asset Asset (or editing an existing Asset), you have the ability to associate a user with that Asset.
- Go to Modules > Asset Management > Assets.
- Click Add if you are creating a new Asset or locate the appropriate Asset and click Edit.
- In the User Information section click the magnifying glass next to the User field to search for the user.
- Once you locate the user in the pop-up window, click on the user name that you need to associate the Asset with.
- If this Asset should automatically be populated for all Issues submitted by this user, check the Default Item for Issues? box.
- Make any other necesary changes to the Asset and click either Save or Update.
A confirmation message will appear when this process is complete.
Associate Issues with Asset Items
When Asset Management is activated, the Asset field appears on the Issue Submit screen. You can click on the search icon next to the field, and select an asset item. This function associates the item with the issue.
Search Issues by Asset Item
The Search Issues screen allows you to search issues for a particular asset item. Using the search icon, choose the item and enter any other criteria, such as a date range. The system will produce a list of issues that meet the criteria specified.