Search Assets page
The Search Assets menu option provides a wide variety of ways to locate specific asset items from very broad to very narrow searches. When using this option, you will be presented with a query screen offering many fields to refine your search. Fill in as many or as few of these fields as you like. The more fields you fill in, the narrower your search becomes.
The search selections offered allow you to locate asset items by various criteria types:
- Item-related Criteria, such as:
- Inventory Number
- Serial Number
- Asset Location
- User-related Criteria, such as:
- Issuetrak Location
- Items assigned to a specific user
- Date-related Criteria, such as:
- Install Date
- Purchase Date
- Maintenance Expiration
- Go to Modules > Asset Management > Search Assets.
- Enter the desired search criteria.
- Select any desired Sort Order.
- Select the desired Output Options.
- Brief List will display the results as a web page.
- All Fields To Excel will export the data to an excel spreadsheet to allow you to use that data in other reporting/analysis tools.
- If you only need a count of the assets meeting your search criteria, check the Count Only box.
- By default, Active Items Only will be checked, if you need to include Inactive Assets uncheck that box.
Lookup Asset by #
This menu option is a quick way to locate and view an item if you know the Asset Number.
- Go to Modules > Asset Management > Assets > Lookup Asset by #.
- Enter the Asset Number.
- Click Lookup Item.
The Asset record will be displayed.