- Field: All Available Fields in the selected Data Set will be shown in the Field list.
- Condition: The Conditions available are based on the data type of the field selected for filtering. Most conditions are self-explanatory. A few that may not be are In and Like. The In condition allows you to type a series of values separated by a semicolon. For example, Priority In Medium;High means that all records with a Priority of Medium OR High will be returned. Note—no space is used after the semicolon. The Like condition will search for the value anywhere in the field selected. For example, Priority Like i will return records containing both the Medium and High values since both values contain the letter I .
- Field Value: This field will only appear when a condition of =, <>, >, =, <= is selected, requiring a discriminate value. Field values can be manually entered or selected using the search (magnifying glass) icon. When selecting the search icon, a dialog box containing all the possible values for the specified field will display. Values for the specified field may be selected individually or all values may be selected by clicking the Select All button. The CONTROL and SHIFT keys may also be used as described in Step 1. Click Update when all desired values have been selected.
- Filter Expressions: This section lists all individual filters that have been created for the query. Each individual filter is assigned a sequential letter of the alphabet for identification purposes. Filter Expressions may be modified by clicking the EDIT link associated with the expression, or deleted by clicking the DELETE link.
- Filter Statement: Filter Expressions can be related to one another using the Filter Statement. By default, the Filter Statement includes each Filter Expression with the AND operator. The Filter Statement can be modified as desired, using the operators: AND, OR and NOT. Parenthesis can also be added for more advanced relations.
- Query Name: A descriptive name for the query so it can be easily identified.
- Create Report: If checked, clicking Finish will bypass the Results and direct you to the Create Report screen once you click Finish .
- Share: To make this query available to other users who can design reports, select Share. By default, the query will be shared with everyone who can design reports.
- Share With: This field will only appear when Share is selected. To specify specific users and/or groups in which to share the query, update the Share With field appropriately.
- Description: A detailed description of the query to assist in describing the query details.
The current results for your new Query will appear when this process is complete.